Friday, October 25, 2013

Two poems by Natalia Litvinova (Belarus, 1986, lives in Argentina), my translation / Dos poemas de NL



The Last Waist

After years of perfectly drawn plans,
my mother ended up mending other people's clothes.
One day Juan showed up with his leukemia.
He brought pants to take in.
Every time he came I covered my mouth.
I wanted to fling myself on top of his body.
Five narrowed pants
for the five versions of Juan's waist.
You were white as lime, light wasted in the
dimension of your eyes.
Your lips though were red, as if all the blood in your
body had congregated there.
The last time I saw you you brought the sixth pair
and I tore it, sobbing, until I fell asleep.
Next morning I found my mother with
crystallized eyes. Behind the sewing machine.
Lit by the weak sunrays.
Beside all those wrinkled, lewd, ownerless clothes.

From Todo ajeno, Vaso Roto.

Family Dawn

Grandmother told me that at his burial
"the earth could not integrate Grandfather,
so slight he was. Some beings are from neither
here nor there. Like the horizon line,
useless but necessary."
I don't know my father's tomb.
"They engraved his ID photo with the twisted
moustache on the stone."
Irregularity immortalized.
"Pain strikes every corner of the body until it
hits on the Achilles heel,"
would repeat my father while massaging
the tight arms of boxers.
Back then I wrote my name on the
mailbox; hidden behind the bush
I waited for a letter to enter.

(Unpublished)

 
La última cintura

Después de años de planos trazados a la perfección, /
mi madre terminó remendando ropa ajena. / Un día
apareció Juan y su leucemia. / Trajo pantalones para
achicar. Había adelgazado. / Cada vez que venía, yo
me tapaba la boca. / Quería arrojarme encima de su
cuerpo. / Cinco pantalones reducidos / para las cinco
versiones de la cintura de Juan. / Eras blanco cal, la
luz desperdiciada / en la dimensión de tus ojos. /
Pero tus labios rojos, como si toda la sangre / de tu
cuerpo se congregara allí. / La última vez que te vi
fue cuando trajiste el sexto pantalón / y yo lo destrocé
sollozando hasta quedarme dormida. / A la mañana
siguiente encontré a mi madre / con los ojos
cristalizados. Detrás de la máquina de coser. /
Iluminada por los débiles rayos del sol. /
Al lado de toda esa ropa arrugada, indecente, sin dueño.

De Todo ajeno, Vaso Roto.

Albor familiar

La abuela me contó que en el entierro / “la tierra no podía
integrar al abuelo, / de tan leve que era. Hay seres que no
son / de acá ni de allá. Como la línea / del horizonte,
inútiles pero necesarios”. / No conozco la tumba de mi
padre. / “Grabaron su foto carnet, / la del bigote torcido,
en la lápida”. / La irregularidad inmortalizada. / “El dolor
golpea todos los rincones del cuerpo / hasta dar con el talón
de Aquiles”, / repetía mi padre mientras masajeaba /
los brazos endurecidos de los boxeadores. / En esa época yo
escribía mi nombre / en el buzón, escondida detrás del
arbusto, / esperaba que una carta penetrara.


(Inédito)
Pueden encontrar más poemas de Litvinova en su blog, Casa ajena.






No comments:

Post a Comment