Sunday, December 15, 2013

Two poems by Blanca Luz Pulido (Mexico, 1956), my translation / Dos poemas de BLP


Challenge

From where does it look at me,
unfathomable challenge,
the bird at the edge of the pond.

In the volatile fixity of its figure
I'm that drop it will trap in its beak,
I'm the exact instant
where two worlds meet
to recognize each other distant and untouched,
only apparently joined
under the same close, protecting sky.

Its image seems eternal,
engraved in the memory of that evening, yet it is
there without being there; its lightness is a key
taking it from one world to the next
with no thickets, chance of indecisions,
to the clean air of its resonant will.


Broom

You launch, morning broom,
the day with your prayer.

Monk in supplication from the bottom,
with each movement you trace on
the sidewalk you bring me
back the world, you bring me
back the south,
the north and the now. 

I can now restart,
intact again.


From Cambiar de cielo, UAM/Verdehalago

Reto

Desde dónde me mira, / indescifrable reto, /
el pájaro en la orilla del estanque. //
En la volátil fijeza de su estampa / soy esa /
gota que atrapará en su pico, / soy el
instante exacto / en que dos mundos se
encuentran / para reconocerse distantes e
intocados, / sólo en apariencia unidos /
bajo un mismo cielo protector y aliado. //
Parece eterna su imagen, / labrada en la
memoria de esa tarde, / pero está sin estar:
su levedad es llave / que lo lleva de un mundo a
otro / sin espesuras, azar de indecisiones, /
al aire limpio de su voluntad sonora.


Escoba

Inauguras, matutina escoba, / el día con tu
plegaria. // Monje en oración desde lo bajo, /
en cada movimiento / que trazas en la acera /
me regresas el mundo, / me traes de nuevo el sur, /
el norte y el ahora. // Ya puedo recomenzar, /
de nuevo intacta.


De Cambiar de cielo, UAM/Verdehalago. Pueden encontrar más poemas de BLP aquí.



2 comments: