Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Three poems by Daniela Catrileo (Chile, 1987), translated by Judith Filc / Tres poemas de DC



Every River Bears a Heart of Tricks

I have two birds on my head that shake me so I can see them and vigorously define the course of the river. In sixty minutes you can write what's left of your life, drag that hungry leg to the horizon, name your grandchildren in alphabetical order, build a reality that will soon desert you.

From Río Herido


Handwritten Territory

I wrote you for so long
that now I have no bodies
left to name.

This Is Not a Heart

An arm shakes the image
and we vanish;
I'll climb your hills
and turn off the lights.


From Invertebrada

You can find more poems by DC in Spanish here



Todo río contiene un corazón de engaños

Tengo dos pájaros en la cabeza, que me sacuden para verlos y enérgicamente decidir el cauce de río. En sesenta minutos se puede escribir lo que te queda de vida, arrastrar esa pierna hambrienta hasta el horizonte, nombrar los nietos por orden alfabético, construir una realidad que pronto te abandona.

De Río Herido


Territorio manuscrito

Te escribí tanto tiempo
que ahora no me quedan
cuerpos que nombrar.

Esto no es un corazón

Un brazo sacude la imagen
y desaparecemos,
voy a subir tus cerros
y apagaré las luces.

De Invertebrada

Pueden encontrar más poemas de DC aquí.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment