Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Two poems by Constanza Marchant (Chile, 1988), my translation / Dos poemas de CM


Scarce

You withdraw from the names
that spin the silence of things
.
Alejandra Pizarnik



I

I will tattoo a handful of birds all over my body to braid the cavities of his memory and bite from time to time what's left of our fear.

II

I surrender daily life, his periphery, my legs and voices, I let him think I believe him; the opposite scares me. The habit of his streets is mine no longer, I dream with giant insects clinging like scabs to his back, they bite him, he moans, it seems I'm scratching him but I forgot how. Every now and then I divert my eyes that I won't look at him, I'm hardly charmed by the precarious borders of this house. I nail myself again to the passing drama of his body, then run after the dampness he leaves after crawling through my hallways and become ashes to soil his trace.

III

Sometimes I love him so much that it bothers me.

IV

I let him braid my hair to curve what I have in excess, this sorrow that falls asleep like a full plain between his toes, letting him crawl while he's lost, mute, lost and mute. I lack understanding him in his scarce body, watching as he agonizes in the twinge of another absence – one that is not mine because I tend to stagnate at his door like stale sawdust and to cover his holes with dirty words.

V

I run my fingers over the stamps to feel the jab of their corners, dirty and dark, like the broken journey of his reflection. I'm the "girl-deer," mother of dead objects.


The original was taken from the Círculo de poesía blog. You can find other poems in Spanish by CM here.



Escasa

Te alejas de los nombres
que hilan el silencio de las cosas.
Alejandra Pizarnik



I

Voy a tatuarme un puñado de pájaros por todo el cuerpo, para trenzar las cavidades de su recuerdo y morder de vez en cuando lo que nos resta de miedo.

II

Cedo la cotidianidad, su periferia, mis piernas y voces, dejo que piense que le creo, lo contrario me asusta. La costumbre de sus calles ya no me pertenece, sueño con insectos gigantes, aferrados como costras sobre su espalda, lo muerden, se queja, parece que lo araño pero olvidé como hacerlo. De vez en cuando viro la vista para no mirarlo, poco me seducen las fronteras inestables de ésta casa. Me clavo nuevamente en el drama pasajero de su cuerpo, entonces corro tras la humedad que deja después de arrastrarse por mis pasillos y me transformo en ceniza para ensuciar su rastro.

III

A veces lo quiero tanto que me molesta.

IV

Dejo que me trence el pelo para curvar lo que me sobra, esa desdicha que como llanura plena se duerme entre los dedos de sus pies, dejando que se arrastre perdido, mudo, perdido y mudo. Me falta comprenderlo en su cuerpo escaso, mirar mientras agoniza por la puntada de otra ausencia, una que no es la mía porque suelo estancarme en su puerta como aserrín añejo y cubrir sus agujeros de sucias palabras.

V

Recorro las estampillas con los dedos para sentir el puntazo de sus esquinas, sucias y oscuras, similares al recorrido roto de su reflejo. Soy la “niña ciervo”, madre de objetos muertos.


Tomado del blog de Círculo de poesía. Pueden encontrar otros poemas de CM aquí.


No comments:

Post a Comment